How do I plug in my hair dryer in Scotland?

Yes, Yes… I know what you’re thinking.  What use would I have for hair dryer?  Well, none actually.  But I do need an electrical plug adapter for my laptop.  We will need a few collectively in the group for any electrical devices we bring along on the trip.

So which adapter do we need?   Type G for the standard UK outlets.  And remember that in the UK, all electrical outlets are 220 – 230 Volts.  Make sure the electrical device you bring supports this voltage.  My laptop power brick indicates its voltage range is 100 – 240V.

This is what the Type G plug and outlet looks like

From, here is a typical US/CDN to UK adapter

The newspaper / magazine / snack shops in Heathrow Airport will have adapters.  So there is an opportunity to buy some between flights, but the airport shops will charge a premium price.

This entry was posted in Preparation. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s