Q asked our Halifax friend GregW, a veteran traveler to Scotland, what advice he had for preparing for October seaside links golf. Some excellent tips from Greg…
- Use golf travel bag for extra shoes/clothes – then as laundry bag while there
- Bring at least 2 pairs golf shoes – waterproof ideally…
- Lots of balls – they are rudely expensive over there
- Gore Tex rain gear recommended, good umbrella and rain hat (bucket preferred but not stylish – have combined bucket & toque in past..)
- Plan for ½ way laundry – based on length of trip – find out options around ½ way point (hotels crazy expensive but laundromats typically easy to find, soap etc usually there also)
- Pack couple extra golf towels/golf gloves/rain gloves
- Sep/Oct will require sweaters/mock necks/toque(s) and mittens/gloves
- Only need couple pairs of jeans for post golf
- Good warm jacket
- Layering likely important that time of year – vests always helpful
- Socks critical – lots of them! Golf shirts – not so much since you’ll likely be in windbreaker/sweater most days.
That’s off the top of my head Q! Bringing a good attitude likely best advice- although don’t expect your group will have any trouble there!